Abhinav Bindra Wins Gold For India Video of Ceremony and Joy
Abhinav Bindra Achievements :
- Abhinav Bindra made a junior world record result of 597/600 Munich in 2001 World Cup and won the bronze, gold in 2002 Manchester Games community; later became the first Indian to win a world championship gold; Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna in 2001.
- Abhinav Bindra is among the brightest stars of a new breed of talented Indian shooters. Born on September 28, 1983, Bindra quite often criticised for not delivering on the promise he showed as a child prodigy.
- Coming from a family rich and luxurious with a domestic round in his backyard, Bindra proved early bird, and at 15 was the youngest participant in the 1998 Community Games. Bindra shot under the spotlights having won bronze in 2001 Munich World Cup with a new junior world record result of 597/600.
- In 2002 Manchester Community Games, competing in his pets Air rifle event, Bindra won the gold in the event, couples and silver in the individual case.
- During a purple patch, Bindra won six gold medals in various international meets in the Bahrain International Circuit in 2001. It was submitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award for 2001.
- During the 2004 Athens Olympics, despite the distortions of Olympic records Bindra failed to win a medal. , But for 24 – you July 2006, Bindra later became the first Indian to win a World Championship gold in Zagreb. Karni Singh silver in 1962 was the best of the previous Indian in the World Championship meet.